Monday, April 11, 2005

Summer's finally at our doors!

How are all my friends and/or readers today? I'm very and fully irritated, despite of the beautiful weather. Because my day didn't start too well. Though I'm sure it will get better... or so I hope. It's just bad luck...

Anyway, I was able to join 3 more movies to my list of "Movies I already saw". Here's a little description:

Cellular (Ligação de Alto Risco)
Description: some bad guys kidnapp a woman and her family and she's only able to make a phone call, that ends up being taken by a teen that doesn't even know her. He first thinks that it is all bulshit, but he soon sees that it's for real. Desperate to help the woman, he tries not to lose the only connection he has with her and sees himself involved in a case of murders and corruption.
My avis: my boyfriend told me of this movie over and over again, but I didn't think that was one of my favs. I enjoyed it, although I didn't quite get how the phone call end up at the boy's cellular (and the phone that she used was wrecked so...).

Godsend (O Enviado)
Description: a couple loses their 8-year-old son and their grieving will be an advantage to a scientist that wishes to create an in vitro child. They accept his offer and he creates a boy exactly like the one they lost. When he reaches the age of 8, strange things will begin to happen, for he can see things like ghosts, and he begins to change. The parents have to discover who's this Zachary that the boy talks so much about, and will be regretful for joking around with nature. Also, the sympathetic and kind doctor will reveal it's true intentions.
My avis: I really liked this one, but I didn't quite get the end of it. The subject is very serious and I really ended up thinking that we shouldn't change the ways of nature.

Sky Captain and The World of Tomorrow (Sky Captain e o Mundo de Amanhã)
Description: the world (aka USA) is being attacked by strange robots and only one person can save it - Sky Captain! With the company of the stubborn journalist Polly Parker, the genius boy Dex and the sexy commander Frankie, Captain Joe will defeat the evil forces commanded by... a mad scientist that's already dead! His only desire is to recreate Noah's Arc, send it to space and destroy the world. Apparentely, he regrets this idea before dying and leaves a note behind saying "Forgive me". Of course, Sky Captain will save the world and end up with the beautiful journalist.
My avis: it's a cliché movie, really. But since it's a remake of a very old movie, I accept that. The thing I truly liked was the way the movie's made, with all that computer scenarios and the pastel colours. Oh! And Jude Law is hot!

And that's it for today. Hope this newly started week brings you all the very best.

YuuH

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

epah ingles é que não... mas pronto tive a ler o do sexo (epah li a plavra sexo e tenho uma pila logo tive de ler) e concordei com muito do k estava la escrito... mostras-te esclarecida... ao contrario de mim k só falo de iogurtes... ora então um grande bem haja

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home